Walking to School
- Walk on the sidewalk if one is available. If students have to walk on a street, they need to make sure that they are walking on the side that faces the traffic.
- Before crossing the street, students should stop and look left, right, and then left again to see if cars are approaching.
- Students should make eye contact with drivers before crossing and always cross streets at crosswalks or intersections.
- Always stay alert and avoid distracted walking.
Riding a Bike to School
- If students have to ride on the road, they need to ride on the right side, with traffic, in a single file line.
- Come to a complete stop before crossing the street and walk bikes across the street.
- Stay alert and avoid distracted driving.
- Make sure students always wear a helmet and proper clothing.
Waiting for the School Bus
- Students should stand six feet or three giant steps away from the curb while waiting for the bus.
- Students should space themselves 6-feet apart from other students while waiting for the bus.
- If students must cross the street in front of the bus, it is best to sit or walk on the side of the road
until they are 10 feet ahead of the bus. Students should always be able to see the bus driver while crossing.
Riding with a Parent or Guardian to School
- Parents, please obey school zone speed limits and avoid distractions, such as texting, while driving.
- Our parking lots are busy before and after school. Parents are encouraged to remain in their vehicles and use the drop off loops.
- Know your school’s pick-up and drop-off procedures. If you have questions about these procedures, please contact your child’s school.